Thursday, August 18, 2022

#RPGaDay2022 - Day 18 - Where is Your Favorite Place to Play?

 Day 18 of #RPGaDay2022 is a prompt that definitely changed for a lot of people in the last three years: "Where is Your Favorite Place to Play?"

Back in the day, even with better amenities, better seats, even better company elsewhere, gaming at home was always the preferred model.  Minimal travel (especially with broken toes/ankle sprains/knee injuries) and, worst-case, all my reference material was up a flight of stairs.

Nowadays, the answer is even closer, but now pants are completely optional. 

Monday nights is gaming night, in my office.  Multiple systems, multiple monitors, (and yes, that laptop is older than dirt, but still serviceable.) and all my reference material is either to my left or behind me to my left on another bookshelf.   

I still miss putting up the GM screen and a thick layer of dice, but this has served me well since the Fall of 2017.  

My only complaint?  The door isn't thick enough to block out the dogs barking when they go wild when someone comes home, a deer's outside wandering, or a random leaf is looking at them funny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment