Friday, September 16, 2022

(Painting) X4 Turrets for the Gnomish Space Marines

The end of the gaming year is coming, I'm trying to clear off multiple projects with the time I've found, and yet again, I've completed a brand new project lickety-split.  

(EDIT 6/26/23 - My blog is getting a lot of traffic to this post through DakkaDakka. First off, Welcome! Second, I'd love to see where this got linked, so if someone could drop the page address in the comments, it would be appreciated.)

Fresh off the table are two X4 turrets to expand my Gnomish Space Marine forces.  

The best part? (And the reason I painted these up so fast?).  The two cost me $2.50!  
They are part of the Final Faction line of action figures being sold at Dollar Trees.   I've used some of their accessory packs to augment other projects, but this is the first 'figure' I've converted into wargaming. 
Cool fact, not only is each turret only $1.25, but the toys actually fire projectiles out of them.  I'm not using Little Wars for the Gnomish Space Marines, so I held off using the projectiles until a later time.
I think I've finished enough support vehicles, time to paint up some Gnomish Space Marines

Planet 28 X4 Mobile Turret, Medium sized Ground Vehicle, Agility 3, Shooting 6, 
Traits:  Abilities:  Hit Points:  20  Move: 15cm
Sections (Hit Points):  1 Engine (10), 2 Crew (10 each, both AI), Turret Hard Point (10), Hard Point {attached onto turret} (10), 2 Battle Cannons, Range 60cm, Damage 1d12+6. Explosive Rounds
Point Cost: 300

With a medium vehicle, the gun platforms do have have extra space, so we may experiment with armor plating, although I feel it would normally place in the "front."

Next:  I've got piles of German Gnomes, 28mm Zulus, and OGRE miniatures, but I assume I'll be finishing up more minis I paid less for than something from the Dollar Tree.

Project 350:  With some prep and catching up on my Star Wars actual plays, my numbers manage to go UP to 462 (294/168) from 460 (294/166).  Really, the big way to work down the numbers is to play more games and finish up at least one entry into the Georic Gazetteer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment