Sunday, December 4, 2022

Finnegan Begin Again

The world is not as serene as the artwork suggests.  Today marks the first day of the lease at my apartment.  Not much is actually complete, my efforts to get the place secure seem trivial to a month long attempt of the landlord to get the place into shape.  What started as "Sure, you can start moving stuff in before Thanksgiving, so to not rush things."  turned into requests to push the move-in date by a week. 

It's going to be a messy time, with the final week of our busy season at work, the kids crazy basketball schedule, and the fact that the move in delay has forced my internet set-up to be delayed as well, so I'll need to go into work for service, and that compounds the list of items I'm ordering that will be arriving at the house.  I didn't have issues with porch pirates at the house, but here... let's just say they won't be delivering to my door.  

Project 350:  It's not the place, but it's been three months since I even thought about my plan to lower by backlog of drafts and scheduled posts.  Currently I'm at 455 (299/156) down from 457 (293/164).  I was down under 450, but without much opportunity to clear out the drafts, I've added posts for projects, expanded the Georic Gazetteer to-do list, slowing building some stock for the #CharacterCreationChallenge in January, and just the holiday/filler posts just fell off, as expected. After today, there are ten posts set up for December, with two future Star Wars posts and at least one Gamma World actual play transferring from draft to scheduled, and the monthly game solicitations actually going to post by the end of the month.  With the way things are going, that might just be it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment