Thursday, September 3, 2020

(Painting) Squat VTOL Air Support

Last week I introduced Colonel Avgas and his assistant, Scurt Grimdark.  What piece ties in these two together?

This hunk of junk.
Not many make Colonel in the Air Cav, and veterans of that corps become attached to their craft.  This VTOL, nicknamed "Sanford" is a motley collection of bullet holes, rust, grime, joint compound and splashes of its original color.
The vehicle was originally a Horten HO-347 VTOL from Dust Tactics that I picked up super-cheap at one of Miniature Market's clearances years ago.  I removed most of the extraneous weapons and parts to leave it as air support with machine guns and an attitude.
Although I'm spending quality time making the VTOL fly around in my and make *pew pew* noises, I am getting a few other individual figures, touch-ups, and refurbs moving right along.

Say hi to Wilhelm from the Wilhelm and Johna WFB pack (8592V).  This one I painted up in 2000 and despite him rarely being used (and the same sealer I use for other figures), the paint has not aged well, for a third time.

Next:  Gnomes, Gnomish Space Marine Miners, and whatever I can paint off the table quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment