Thursday, September 3, 2020

Battle Valor Games Delivers

As I talked about last weekend, I've gotten a flurry of Kickstarters arriving in August.   The last one to show up was this nice, small Priority Mail box:
It's my rewards for the 28mm Sci-Fi Dwarf Miner Warriors and Their Enemies Kickstarter from Battle Valor Games.

I had originally pledged for a pack or two or three of the figures, but as the campaign was winding down and things looked short of the goal, I became a little brazen pledged at the 10-pack level.  The campaign was a success, even without my increase, and between the stretch goals from the owner during the Kickstarter, and the offer to add minis from their current line to the order at 40% off, it was a spectacular deal. 

Here's the result:
For less than $125, I received 79 25mm metal minis plus shipping. 

The dwarfs are a millimeter or two smaller than the other ones I've picked up, but they are clean sculpts, and most look to be a breeze to paint. 

The figures in the pictures with labels are the existing stock I ordered.  I could not say no to a pack of Armed Jews, a particular Spanish Inquisition I didn't expect to see, and a bunch of single minis that remind me of a Lightning Bug on these hot summer nights. 

This and the Pulp Figures Dangerous Damsels are currently the frontrunners for best Kickstarter of the year, but the communication and phenomenal speed of the process gives Battle Valor a significant edge.

My experience with the Kickstarter makes me confident to recommend Battle Valor Games to others.  I know I'm waaaay behind on the lead pile, especially thanks to the Kickstarter, but I would love to put another order for more figures in the future, even additional Space Dwarfs once they hit the online store.  

No comments:

Post a Comment