Thursday, March 18, 2021

(Kickstarter) Robyn's Hoodies & the Sheriff's Henchmen

 I'm beginning to back enough UK Kickstarters that I'm financing the Royal Mail more than the USPS.

Minaturemen has release a Kickstarter for Robyn's Hoodies & the Sherriff's Henchmen, figures in 28mm.

Two things sort of grind my gears for no acceptable reason.  First the whole "Robin Hood... with a Twist," is quite literally just for the Robin Hood figure.  I would have been more excited, if they had been her Merry Maidens (Matrons?) as well.   

Second, the pledge levels are phenomenal... if you're in the UK and Europe.  I know the rest of the world suffers these ills from American Kickstarters, but when a sizable pledge level is increased by 50% thanks to shipping, that's an issue.  After dealing with enough UK Kickstarters and seeing an acceptable level of gouging for S&H  (If S&H is £10, and the printed postage is £6.83, I know there are other fees, costs, and supplies associated with the process, and I'm fine with that.  

It's a great campaign, and a heckuva bargain, if you're not beyond the borders of Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment