Saturday, March 13, 2021

Back When Conventions Were a Thing: Cold Wars 2020

It's been just over a year since I sat at the bar at the Lancaster Host (Wyndham), drank a Corona in defiance, and watch most major sports shutter in front of my eyes.

With a healthy fear of the pandemic, and the traditional wargaming demographic keeping folks away, it could still be argued that Cold Wars 2020 was the largest public gathering in Pennsylvania that weekend.  And while I appreciate HMGS keeping us safe (and keeping within contractual limits for cancelations), I long for that camaraderie and mass pushing of lead across a table. 

A little Tactica

Some Legions of Steel

I even miss these motley bunch of fools

Things are getting better, and this will all be a disturbed memory one day.  If my kid's basketball schedules won't ruin it, I plan on running Cold Wars at Home weekend for April 8-11.  Ocean City (if the location holds) sounds like a perfect getaway... one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment