Wednesday, August 25, 2021

600K - Close to Free Prizes for the Author!

 Thanks to bots, a few well-loved posts, and over a decade of writing, I just realized that Gaming with the Gnomies hits 600,000 views today.  

Thanks to everyone who has read my blog more than once, and my hardcore fans (or bots) in Ukraine, Italy, and this summer, Sweden.  

The world's getting crazier and crazier, but I'm going to continue to write for the blog.  Heck, even if humanity disappears, I have over a hundred posts ready to go over the next year, with most major holidays getting a post between now and 2035.  Good times.  

Basketball is still a thing, and given the task of dropping off and picking up on a Monday night, I swung by Sword in the Stone Games in Wilkes-Barre, to peruse the shelves un-pestered.  I did write awhile back about a very unfortunate situation with someone associated with the store.  While I don't know of any criminal outcome, it appears the store owners broke away clean from him, so I might give them another visit or two before letting the kids back into the store.  

I did manage to chat up with some of the Mepacon regulars, as well as scrounge up a few items, a card shoebox and  some miscellaneous Magic cards.  

It wasn't until I left that I inquired about some games, freshly shrinkwrapped on a table by the door.  When I asked how much, I was told that they were all used games that didn't sell and they were giving them away.  

I managed snag a copy of Mutant Chronicles - Siege of the Citadel  and the 7th Edition Gamma World boxed set for a very small donation to the store (The old pay-what-you-can model meant I spent what little was in my pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment