Friday, August 27, 2021

#RPGaDay2021 - Day 27 - A Fraction of My Potential

 It took till Day 27 of #RPGaDay to ramble on about all the stuff I want to run.  

"FRACTION" is the primary word of the day, and there is no better used of the word to describe to the grandiose ideas I have versus the fraction of the gaming time I have to do it in.  

  • Hackmaster - Burning Trogs Redux:  More an ongoing pipe dream than a full-fledged project.  As I've stated during probably every previous #RPGaDay,  if I could get 3/4 of the old Hackmaster group together for some decent online sessions, we would catch up after 17 years and finally get around to taking care of business we had left unfinished.
  • Call of Cthulhu - Invictus:  If we return to CoC, I'd like to remove the crew from the 1920's for a bit and play a little bit in the Roman Empire.  
  • Call of Cthulhu - 1926:  Any long-term return to Cthulhu would eventually be a return to the original group, post-Masks of Nylarathotep.  I doubt the long-term plans could be reached, but there is a comfort level with that campaign.
  • Call of Cthulhu - Curse of Nevoz:  Sure, I may have thoughts of running an Attack of the Atomic Reptile Bikini Women... in 3-D game, but in reality, my 1990's Canadian College Cthulhu game is easier to run and is slightly more realistic.  Picture Gravity Falls and the X-Files in Medicine Hat.
  • COVIDIOTS Internationale:   There are too many crazy pictures from the pandemic to not inspire me into a COVID satire game.    The couple sessions we ran over the past year were cathartic to the group, and I for one, would like to close the book on this chapter, with a kickass RPG finale... using Risus.
  • D&D - Ghosts of Saltmarsh: I still only own the PHB and this book for 5e, but it will set up for a fun campaign in a long-forgotten corner of my campaign world
  • D&D - Gulluvia 2 - Eldritch Boogaloo: The original Gulluvia filler campaign hit a low point right before Star Wars (and SW side campaigns) took off.  I'm happy to return to the peculiar barony and work towards a finale.
  • D&D - Home: My Polynesian campaign has been on the back burner for over a decade so far back that I've stolen some scenarios for my Gulluvia game.  
  • Top Secret - Spice World:  My Spice Girls games have been a hoot.  The surprising fact in review of the games is that they need to be crunchier, hence a percentile-look over at Top Secret
  • Gamma World:  If I want the girls role-playing on a regular basis, mutant plants and animals out of the 4th Edition of the rules might be the way to go. 
  • Star Frontiers - The rumored new game is coming out but I was still interested in playing it last year, after running, Crash on Volturnus, Volturnus, Planet of Mystery, and Mission to Alcazaar for my Star Wars d6 Campaign.  
  • Autoduel (any system):  I went pretty crazy in the Pocket Box Games of the 80's Kickstarter from Steve Jackson Games, and part of my Gaming Bucket List is to get some Car Wars out of my system.  It doesn't even need to be GURPS, but c'mon... at least one session should be GURPS to shed the nostalgia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment