Monday, September 13, 2021

Alleged Blog "Hibernation"

 As someone who loves to have a post on his blog at least once per day, these last few weeks have been burtal.  A full cancellation of our family vacation, and crazy hours at work meant keeping the placeholder posts for last week.  Now, I'm currently in a fabulous hotel in Bloomington, Indiana, prepping for a week of training with a vendor.  Outside of corporate card for food (and maybe a trip to the Bloomington Half-Price Books sometime this week, it looks like twelve hour days on sit, an office building basement.  

Joy upon joy.



A few good things come out of this week.  Hours are long, but expenses are covered (plus its another one of those payroll stimulus checks show up.  Tax return will be tiny next year, but I'll take it).  At some point this week, I hope to wander back to my hotel room, appropriate beverage in hand, and get time to work on my backlog of Star Wars d6 episodes.  Taking two Mondays off this month might save me from further problems.  There are six episodes in the queue that need to be transcribed, but don't worry about a a lack in Tuesday Actual Plays.  We have enough of a catalog here of scheduled posts that these won't post until September.... 2022!

I also arranged to get home by Friday evening, so I can see Maja play here first scholastic game of volleyball on Saturday.  Volleyball has generated a level of excitement that I haven't seen in her with basketball for quite some time, and after sneaking in to watch 20 minutes of practice this week, I can see why.  She's pretty darn good, better than some of the 8th graders.  No guarantee the girls will win anything this year, but the unbridled joy I see here exude at every practice is something I wish every kid could experience. 

This is the time of year that I prep the blog with scheduled posts.  My Project 350 that I ramble on about as part of my painting posts?  My scheduled blog numbers will continue to drop from now until mid-October.  I already have posts scheduled through the 24th, and only a handful of them are placeholder.  Star Wars, Gnomish Space Marines, Wars of Ozz, a little for everyone while I'm trying to enjoy Hoosier hospitality without contracting Hoosier COVID.  

Psst, I actually got painting done.  Posts on Friday, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment