Sunday, August 6, 2023

#RPGaDay2023 - Day 6 - The Favorite Game I Never Get to Play

Day 6 of #RPGaDay2023, and we have a pure match on the today's question and from a decade ago!   

For each day I'll be answering the question provided, and for fun, review how I answered a similar question during #RPGaDay, way back in it's inaugural year.  Scout's Honor, I have not peeked at the older answer.

Day 6's prompt is "The Favorite Game I Never Get to Play"

Easiest answer for the month:  Talislanta

Exotic locations?  Check.  Exotic cultures? Check.  Bad-ass monsters?  Triple-Check.  Simple d20 based system?  Maximum Check.  No Elves (Even though everybody has pointy ears)?  Ultimate Check! 

I've loved this game since I first saw it on the shelves at Waldenbooks in the 80's.  I have the Savage Talislanta book on pdf, which cranks up my Robert E Howard vibes by one hundred times, and I'm already staring at three solid editions of early Talislanta on my bookshelf, so the recent Epic Edition on crowd funding doesn't tempt me too much.

Ten Years Ago Retrospective:  An exact match for the prompt, after all these years, it's still and always will be Talislanta... with Battlelords of the 23rd Century getting an honorable mention.

No comments:

Post a Comment