Wednesday, August 9, 2023

#RPGaDay2023 - Day 9 - Favorite Dice

Day 9 of #RPGaDay2023. and we have another fixed point in time for my gaming mutliverse. 

For each day I'll be answering the question provided, and for fun, review how I answered a similar question during #RPGaDay a decade ago.  Scout's Honor, I have not peeked at the older answer.

Day 9's prompt is "Favorite Dice"

My Chessex Jungle Camo Polyhedrals from the mid-90's get an honorable mention, but I still have an affinity for the dice I bought from Crazy Egor's at Lehicon IV aka my "DBA Dice"

Lehicon IV in Allentown, Pennsylvania, circa 1991 was the greatest gaming convention I've ever attended, hands down.  Just the selection of games and dealers in a medium-sized regional con has not been matched in my memory.  

I snagged up these dice from the legendary Crazy Egor's to use in a De Bellis Antiquitatis (DBA) Beginners Tournament.  DBA is a very basic rules set for 15mm ancients and medieval era armies to be used in tournaments.  

I went 0-9 in round-robin play, but yet these dice have always been a staple in my GM kit.  I've added blocks from Chessex.  Heck, I just happened to take part in a Magic booster draft on a whim a month ago, for the first time in over five years. I was wildly unprepared, so the first player loaned me dice for the heavy token/counter Lord of the Rings set.  The dice set?  The same as my favorite.  

Ten Years Ago Today:  No changes from my post a decade ago, including the jungle camo shout-out.

No comments:

Post a Comment