Sunday, August 27, 2023

#RPGaDay2023 - Day 27 - Game I'd Like a New Edition Of

 Day 27 of #RPGaDay2023!  

For each day I'll be answering the question provided, and for fun, review how I answered a similar question during #RPGaDay a decade ago.  Scout's Honor, I have not peeked at the older answer.

Day 27's prompt is "Game I'd Like a New Edition Of..." 

There really is only one thing the desperately needs a new edition/reprint is Toon

The classic cartoon RPG does have a pdf copy in Warehouse 23, but that tangible copy is a must have for these games, even if we're only using a handful of pages at a time.  

Whether it was some classic Looney Tunes/Tom & Jerry-esque fun, a one-shot Christmas game involving Hannukah Harry, or the ultimate "Cthulhu Comes of Springfield."    "Springfield" was a series of hour-long vignettes to fill up a four-hour convention slot.  With names like "Homer the Ghoul," "Mister Smooth," and "Krusty the Kultist," it's been bringing joy for over 25 years, and it's long due for an overhaul and another batch of convention session.

It doesn't need a full re-write like a new edition would demand, again, I just want the tangible printed matter in my hands. 

Ten Years Ago Today:  Absolutely no deviation, Toon was the my demand back then

No comments:

Post a Comment