Thursday, August 10, 2023

#RPGaDay2023 - Day 10 - Favorite Tie-In Fiction

Day 10 of #RPGaDay2023. and we're trying to look at peripheral role-playing items.

For each day I'll be answering the question provided, and for fun, review how I answered a similar question during #RPGaDay a decade ago.  Scout's Honor, I have not peeked at the older answer.

Day 10's prompt is "Favorite Tie-In Fiction"

It's certainly backwards, but while there's certainly enough stories of folks reading the literature and then finding the game, I didn't read a lick of Lovecraft until I played Call of Cthulhu.

I feel reading most of his classic short stories will give players a sense of how they could optimally play the character, as well as giving notes to atmosphere and pacing for Keepers.  

Ten years Ago:  I shouted out that first quasi-RPG that I learned about RPGS, Car Wars - Battle Road

No comments:

Post a Comment