Monday, January 19, 2015

A Gaming Weekend to Remember

First off, I am getting old in my old age. 

I took advantage of a calm weekend around the house and ventured forth to play games *gasp*.

Friday night, I sung a slew of frantic lullabies to get my youngest daughter back to sleep so I could dash out of the house at 11pm to go to the Fate Reforged Midnight Pre-Release tournament at Emerald Vale Games.  Eventually, there will be a full write-up of the event, but in spite of horrible cards in my Sultai box and some radical changes to give myself a fighting chance, I got home at 5:30 in the morning with some neat promos, some older cards in trade, and an overall positive experience.

After three hours of sleep I spent the days with my daughters.  Although everyone wanted to game, tired-old Dad couldn't get motivated to pop some gnomes on the table.  Perhaps sometime this week.

Sunday was a drive down to Allentown to re-ignite the flames of our Call of Cthulhu campaign.  While my mountain perch was warm, dry, and with peaks of sun, the further south I travelled the worse the roads got.  Not entirely the roads were at fault, but the drivers had been shell shocked from a dreadful morning of ice and more than a few refused to do more than 20mph, even when the temp hit closer to 40.  Despite everyone's travel delays, everyone made it in one piece and we had a session full of missing persons reports, motorcycle crashes, racial epithets, and flaming police cars.  The investigators have reached the climax for London in Masks of Nyarlathotep, and with a month to plan what's going on... everyone's probably dead.

I also discovered another Wawa close to Nate's home, so I fulfill my wife's mandatory food order everytime I venture out to game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment