Friday, August 16, 2019

#RPGaDay2019 Day 16: Dream a Smaller Dream for Me

I knew exactly what to write about Day 16 of  #RPGaDay2019 , "DREAM."

And then that high crashed mighty quickly.

For #RPGaDAy 2016 and #RPGaDay 2017, I covered the absolute dream:  Getting the old Burning Trogs! Hackmaster group together again to finish off some unfinished business from 2004.  I decided the easiest way was to hit the lottery and force them all on cruise ship for a week, all expenses paid.

It's still there, but I'd like to simplify the dream to a simple practical wish.

I'd just love to get the whole crew back together for a Hackmaster game online.

That's tough enough to pull off.  Hackmaster 4th Edition hasn't been supported since the license expired in 2007 (although there are 21 non-licensed pdfs still available at the Kenzerco online store.) and there isn't much push for workable Hackmaster sheets on Roll20, but good Lord, the chance to re-connect with the characters on some snowy East Coast weekend sounds too appealing.

Let's be honest, Zorin Redrock, Gnome Titan fighter extraordinaire is still sailing the Mer Kasp, hunting down the Slavers of Roark for 15 years now.... and he's still a horrible sailor.

He's angry.  VERY angry. 



1 comment:

  1. I would love that cruise idea. Other than that I would LOVE to get to play Hackmaster again with you running it!

    ReplyDelete