Friday, August 14, 2020

#RPGaDay2020: Day 14 - A Banner Year for Mouslings

Day 14 of #RPGaDay2020 brought an interesting quandary, "Banner."

I don't usually flags and heraldry, and my players haven't earned any awards worthy of a sports team hanging one in the rafters, so I'll need to go with the adjective version of the world, and to tweak a trite hashtag, I needed to figure how I #PlayedMyBestGame.

Thus far, the biggest roar of approval has come from the Savage Mice.

Normally my role-playing heavy skirmish games have been Pulp related.  Maja Millie and her crew traveling across pseudo-Egypt, the Lost World, and most recently, the machinations of frontier politics.  The third season with my girls has stalled for a number of reasons, but I like Savage Worlds (and the Savage Showdown skirmish rules when things get a bit complicated) and wanted to run something.

Thank God I have a lot of Mouslings.

Borrowing from a treasure trove of other's Pulp Alley AARs, I cobbled together a few fantasy scenarios to use and some warbands with flavor.
Robin Mouse and his Merry Mice
In some three-way battles, The Merry Mice, and dastardly Mousling brigands known as The Snakes, and a group of goblins led by the Shaman G'ba have faced each other and the threats around them.

Even in a game others would label purely miniature wargaming, we have more role-playing than some D&D Adventurer Guild games see in a month.  The great thing about the girls (now ages 9 and 11) in this and the Pulp is their wildly different perspective than mine, and the confidence that certain changes to the game could be a single (well-rolled) die roll away.

A Giant Problem
Before some medical issues made me grumpier and less motivated than normal, these games were my pure motivation to get things painted on a project bench than has hundreds upon hundreds in the queue.
The Olde Farm
Even in a shutdown world of COVID, it's not been easy to assemble the family for more than a card or boardgame, and the odd thing is the girls' friends that are inside our extended "bubble" are more interested in pre-teen activities than a game (and my girls have tried).

Guess with my improved health, I need to push for more Dad-time, both gaming and painting.  Playing with the last minis they painted up might generate some excitement for the next round 'o mouslings.

1 comment: