Thursday, January 26, 2023

(Backerkit) Kobolds Ate My Baby: The Orange Book.... Now With Plushies!

 9th Level Games has launched their most recent crowdfunding campaign on Backerkit:  Kobolds Ate My Baby: The Orange Edition (Polymorph).

I was one of the original fans of the game, ordering multiple copies of the game once it appeared in distribution channels.  It was a beer and pretzels zine well before the recent trendiness of 'zines.  Like most fans, I've wanted more material whenever it came available, but there is a point where you either roll with the absurdity or quietly proceed with your life.

The latest crowdfunding has a host of options to fans, new and old, to acquire:

  • Kobolds Ate My Baby! The Orange Book (a completely new edition of the game powered by polymorph™)
  • Plush Kobold
  • SMÖRKAS BORG, Kobolds Ate My Baby x Mörk Borg Zine
  • Kobolds Ate My Baby! The Coloring Book and an Orange Crayon
  • Kobolds Ate My Baby! The Dice Set
  • Kobolds Ate My Baby! The Digital Adventure Pack
The plush kobold itself should heal the wounds of the most butt-hurt fanboy.  Remember, the KAMB pre-dated the Pathfinder Goblins by over a decade and those dudes have been close to over-saturation for years.

Eh, it's Kobolds Ate My Baby.  So long as there's kobolds, chickens, babies, and the hailing of King Torg (ALL HAIL KING TORG!) unless you're trying to run it in Phoenix Command, there's no wrong way to play it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment