Friday, January 27, 2023

(Risus) Squirrely from KODT - #CharacterCreationChallenge

Day 27 of the #CharacterCreationChallenge and I fill in the holes of the games I would normally use.  

There's already a talking chimp, Mister Bipp, in my Risus - Illuminati University game, but there's always room in Risus for the most famous chimpanzee in gaming, Squirrely from Knights of the Dinner Table.  Weird Pete Ashton game store sidekick is a scene stealer, but is a more importantly a fleshed out character.  

Squirrely
Hyper-intelligent Chimpanzee, formerly of a US Government research facility (4)
Full-time gofer at Weird Pete's Games Pit (3)
Chain-Smoking Role-Player for hire (3)
Adequate in a pinch long-distance driver (2)

Equipment: Carton of cigarettes, lighter, keys to Weird Pet's Volkswagen mini-van.

There is an ulterior motive for posting stats of an existing entity.  After nearly two months I'm almost moved in and comfortable in my apartment.  Expect some rantsm, and a quick little tour, once this challenge is over and while #Zinequest is in full swing in February, but I'll start by posting my only prestigious piece of artwork on the wall near my computer. 

This is Jolly Blackburn's original concept art for Squirrely.  I got it as a freebie during one of Kenzer & Company's holiday grab bags offers, many moons ago.  People who ordered the random grab bags sometimes got extra product, cool swag like dice Kenzerco staff's dice, and in the coolest of cool, some original artwork made it out.  It sat in my office at work for nearly a decade until I took it to my new place, where is gets a proper spot over the Greyhawk Adventures poster from Dragon Magazine, and the true gaming bookcase,  updated shelfie forthcoming.  

No comments:

Post a Comment