Friday, January 13, 2023

Explore the Wonders of Talislanta

 If the messaging was still correct, today was the going to be the launch day for the Everything Epic Edition of Talislanta over on Gamefound. The biggest improvement that was part of the new edition was going to be dual-statting it with the Tal/Omni system and 5e.  Thanks to the kerfluffle over a new and heavily revised OGL, it looks like the dual-statting is out, as is today's launch date.

Now, I can safely say I haven't considered i09/Gizmodo legitimate or credible sites for well over a decade, so I'm holding a wait-and-see attitude to everything going on, I respect the creator's decision to pull back and revaluate the campaign.  I mean, it was supposed to be a one-shot printing to fulfill crowdfunding orders, so there would be little impact, but if its the principle of the situation, I'll give them the modicum of respect.

That said, they did expand the Talislanta Artwork on the website.  It is a tribute to the setting that I spent decades playing with it based on only basic black and white interior illustrations and P.D. Breeding-Black color covers.



No comments:

Post a Comment