Monday, September 15, 2014

(Kickstarter) De Horrore Cosmico from Golden Goblin

Weeks ago, when Tales of the Crescent City was finally in my hands, it seemed like that next Golden Goblin Kickstarter in September was so far off.  And here we are, already a few days into De Horrore Cosmico, a collection of six scenarios for Cthulhu Invictus.

Before the KS, I had zero interest in Cthulhu in ancient Rome, but I understood the appeal.  Like Cthulhu Dark Ages, all players are in a foreign enviroment and can't rely on technology that a Modern game, or even the 20's and Gaslight offer.  Unlike Dark Ages, Invictus seems to offer more areas of refuge from the hostile environment of European wilderness.

Of course, with Golden Goblin's previous track record, I've already pledged at the $35 level of the book, pdf, and any add ons.  Which also means I'll need to add a copy of Cthulhu Invictus to my want list.

I am slowly considering dropping my pledge for Horrors of War from Pagan.  I suspect more dissension between the principals of the project than even they are leading on, and I may join the throngs of people who are far more particular with which companies they support.  Then again, a large group of this demographic fall under the "Fool me once, shame on me, fool me on a dozen Kickstarters with poor organization and a fly by night approach to the project, it's everybody's fault but their own."   The last twelve months could be labelled as the "Year of the Kickstarter" for me, and with my pledges for respectable miniatures companies still not here, I'm quite certain I'm tiring of it.  Perhaps I should start my own for gnomes or potato salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment