Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Miniature Stand-Ups Using Munchkin Oz?

For years now I've been looking into a miniatures game version of the Wizard of Oz, as well as the the other Baum books. I've made a few forays into potential minis he (See here for Wizards of Oz related posts), but I've come upon one major problem for a number of the exotic creatures.

There's simply not a suitably mini for many of them.

I attempt to resolve this by suggesting using 2-D cardboard stand-ups using some of the art in the books that I hope is public domain (I don't believe they're going to knock down your doors if you use the artwork for personal use). Hammerheads, flocks of jackdaws, and an irascible Gump would work great in that regard.

Now, you could also by a copy of Munchin Oz at Target and use some of the awesome cards as standups.

Munchkin artist John Kovalic tweeted a few pics of the games, and the fact that the game covers more than just Wizard of Oz makes me smile profusely.

From @muskrat_john on Twitter
It might be smart to get two copies, one to play and one to cut out as stand-ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment