Monday, June 8, 2020

Supermarket Sweep and the Secret Masters

The binge-watching list during the quarantine has been eclectic: the first season of Cheers, We Bare Bears,  and yeah, I may have pulled some concepts out of Tiger King, but the biggest show that shows the divide between parents and kids is Supermaket Sweep on Amazon Prime. 

The kids simply don't get it.  It's super cheesy, it's got big hair, swinging couples, and an Illuminati-themed host force to wear all the sweaters rejected by the Cosby Show.  My wife and I have fond memories of the show.  The kids look at us with the same horror for when I try to put a black-and-white movie on TV.

But tell me this isn't the work of Illuminati Secret Masters in Training, Jr Woodchuck Division?  Maybe the Ladies Auxiliary #fnord knitted it?  Maybe it's its own life form?

No comments:

Post a Comment