Sunday, January 30, 2022

(GURPS IOU) Fluffernutter MacQuinn - Squirrel Pilot - #CharacterCreationChallenge - Day 30

On the tail end of the #CharacterCreationChallenge, I intentionally placed a few crunchier character creation systems.  A number fell-by the wayside, but I made sure at least one Illuminati University student made it onto the challenge, with actual GURPS stats. 

Meet Fluffernutter MacQuinn, IOU Freshthing, majoring in Aviation.


Fluffernutter MacQuinn - Aviation Major - 100 points
ST:   11  (10)
DX:  14  (45)
IQ:   11 (10)
HT:  10  (0)

Of course there's an Aviation major at IOU.

Advantages:  Ambidexterity (10), Acute Vision +3 (6), Acute Taste and Smell +3 (6), Reputation +3 (15)

Disadvantages:  Glory Hound (-15), Lives on Campus (-5), On the Edge (-15)

Skills: 
Brawling (P/E)                  2           15   
Carousing (P/A)                2           10
Dancing:  (P/A)                 2           14
Electronics Operation (M/A)   2    11
Guns - Pistol: (P/E)                  2    15
Gunner - Machine Gun (P/A)  4     15
Jumping:  (P/E)                       8      17
Mechanic: Gasoline Engine (M/A)   2    11
Navigation (M/H)                    2       10 
Piloting: Single Engine Prop   3       11
Piloting: Multi-Engine Prop    1       13
Piloting: Small Helicopter       1       13
Survival: Woodlands               2        11

Three takeaways from Fluffernutter. (1) I never moved on to 4th Edition  (2) I sort of miss the small library of GURPS books I had eons ago.  I bet things like claws are right in the 4th Edition player's book, but I simply didn't have time to look them up online for a point cost.  For minimal damage, it's probably only a few point.  (3) Outside of maintaining my Dream Avatar for fun, I think I'm GURPS-ed out, at least creating stats.  The rules system is quite simple, albeit modifier heavy, but I just don't sense the appeal of building out the characters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment