Wednesday, January 19, 2022

I Can Worship Gnomes for a Fortnite

 My daughter, Maja, got an X-Box for Christmas two years ago.  She'll spend an afternoon playing Minecraft here and there, but it's good ol' Dad relaxing on the couch, either blowing up guys in Fortnite, or blowing up guys crossing the blue line in NHL '19 (more on the second one later).

The game had a big conclusion of a storyline recent. This has cause a complete change in the map of the island the game is played on, and has force me to explore every inch, trying to figure out what to do, where to go, what spots are my speed, what spots are kill zones, etc.

I came across this awhile back, and figured it's the largest gnome I've seen in the game.  Hopefully they make a cult out of it, or something.

When I'm not getting 2nd or 3rd place in Fornite, I'm plodding through Season 4 of NHL '19 in Franchise Mode.  I'm in a happy place at mid-difficulty, hitting the opponents, getting goals and occasionally auto-playing the Seattle Dragons and their AHL farm team, the Boise Ice Drakes.

Since i made Seattle as part of an expansion team (still cooler than Kraken), I went through the expansion draft... but I needed to flesh out the NHL/AHL squad with free agents.  First on the list was my wife's favorite active player, Defenseman Tim Erixon. 

Season 4 has been going quite well.  I've been drafting and developing a stable of young D-Men.  The group is so strong that I was able to trade away my two top Defensemen for more top draft picks, and Tim has made his way to the first line.  

To top that,  I've taken advantage of his slap shot and he managed to score his 50th NHL goal this season (Even if it was Buffalo, it still counts).




No comments:

Post a Comment