Wednesday, December 3, 2014

RPGaDay #3: First RPG Purchased

For today, there is no great surprise.  After learning about role-playing from my friend Charles, I snagged a copy of the D&D Basic Rules (Menzter) from the local Waldenbooks.

I poured through the books, memorizing monsters, plotting adventurers in my head, and rolling up a full party, including the famous Leifs, who would become the reverred kings of the ancient empires of glory.

I really wish the 5th Edition D&D Starter Set was fitted a bit closer to Mentzer's writing, with a little Choose Your Own Adventure goodness for a solo adventure.  Of course, in this new day and age, your sexy cleric friend would need to either (a) survive the encounter or (b) pull your tookus out of some hot water, because clerics aren't just healing machines played by girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment