Thursday, August 31, 2017

#RPGaDay 2017 Day 31: What Do You Anticipate Most From Gaming in 2018?

We wrap up #RPGaDay 2017 looking towards the future: 

"What Do You Anticipate Most From Gaming in 2018?"

Short Answer: Friendship is Online

Long Drawn-Out Answer:  I'm a quirky fellow that has tracked my all of my gaming since a Paranoia game in the Summer of '89.  To make it even odder I've tracked my "Gaming Years" from October to September of the following year, so this question is nearer in my mind that most who are currently trying to find time to play the latest GenCon releases between now and Christmas. 

What do I plan on running for my 2018 "fiscal year"?

Counting down to #1:
  • #4 Savage Worlds Pulp - Season 3 of the Pulp game I run with my girls is scheduled to start in January, simply to accommodate my wargaming responsibilities, a desire to purchase new terrain, and a chance to run some different stuff this Fall.  The game will return to Egypt, with a few side-treks to jolly old England and perhaps a secret lair.  Will the characters heed the warnings that you "Don't Mess With the Zola?"
A return to Urban Intrigue...
  • #3 Savage Mousling Fantasy - I've got a number of Mousling-themed scenarios for the girls, hence the push back of the Pulp game. 
  • #2 My Little Pony: Tails of Equestria RPG -  I'm targeting a lot of MLP RPG with the girls, for more "Theatre of the Mind" role-playing, and so I can run demos it for most of Mepacon.  It is the one game Maja really wants to run, so I'll encourage that as much as I can. 
  • #1 Online Gaming -  We're just a few sessions into a 5th Edition D&D game on Roll20, but online gaming will probably become my go -to for dealing with "grown-up" gaming.  5th Edition D&D, Classic D&D, maybe expanding into Savage Rifts and Hackmaster. Still too new at this for long-term planning, but locking myself in the office for a few hours on Monday night, Yuengling Black and Tan in hand, has set some relaxing tones in the past few weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment