Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Ding Dong, Nylarathotep is Dea.... Really Ticked Off

With new Kickstarters out of the way, I finally have time to cover the weekend.

To clear the air, not everyone died in Sunday's finale of Masks of Nylarathotep.   The grand plot to unfurl the chaos when the stars were right had been foiled, although just about every antagonist was allowed to get away and regroup for the next time.

Unless of course your yacht was the epicenter of a small atomic blast in 1925 Shanghai. 

Yeah, it went down like that. 

I'm in the process of doing three separate write-ups for actual play.  Episode #17 of Masks (#37 of the campaign) will cover the raid on Grey Dragon Island.  Episode #18/38 will clean up the story with a healthy dose of GM fiat.  Finally, I do have a tally of the dead cultists, insane investigators, and stolen rickshaws that occurred during Masks.  You may be able to find it on some forums already.  



At home, we're halfway through the 1st Annual Family Game Decathlon.    Ten separate games, 10 points for 1st,  7 for 2nd, 4 for 3rd, and 1 for 4th.   My wife was sick most of the past week and declined playing, so the kids are doing a good job joining forces and beating me up.  I still have a strong lead, but I am more than three times the age of the other players combined.  Chupacabra Dice and Car War: The Card Game are on slate for tonight (hopefully).

To add to the Decathlon, my copy of Travis Hanson's No Mercy arrived.  I like the modifier cards, although in a 2-player game, I wish there were more cards so we weren't constantly reshuffling.
No Mercy
And finally, with Masks done, and the first face-to-face discussions as to "what's next" completed,  I've sent out four different campaign proposals to the group at large to vote for.  Unless we get an overwhelming winner, the plan is to take the top two games, and run vignettes at the next RPG session. 

Oh yeah, we also will be making an effort to play more wargames (thanks Bob!)

No comments:

Post a Comment