Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Gnomes, Big Danged Boats, and Game Camp!

I may need to read through my paperwork and see if I'm contractually obligated to post pictures of any garden-style gnome miniature on the internet. 

That being said, here's a gnome-a-palooza of insanity from a game of Big Danged Boats by Walt O'Hara.

 
Walt has had the generous fortune of running a week-long games camp in Alexandria, Virginia every summer for about a decade.  This year's "curriculum" included Star War Armada, Battletech, Frostgrave, the above mentioned Big Danged Boats of Walt's design, and a slew other games and activities to keep the kids both busy and having fun. 
 
I might not have the time now, but I would love to locally organize something like this in the future.  A staycation teaching kids games, painting, and just having an all-around good time needs to be added to my schedule before I get too old to regret not doing it.
 
And the best part, beyond everything else?  Part of the expenses of the week were paid for by a grant from HMGS.    Promoting the hobby is part of their mission statement, and they don't do enough outside of running their conventions. 
 
Kudos to all involved!

No comments:

Post a Comment