Monday, August 8, 2016

#RPGaDay2016 Day #8: Book Style Preference

A nice softball question compared to the some of the novella's I've been required to write:

"Hardcover, softcover, or digital? What's your preference?"

For the sake of the book's survival, anything over 200 pages must be hardcover.  It looks great and far more durable.   

Thin hardcovers (Goodman Games' recent Age of Cthulhu releases) look and feel a bit ridiculous.

I have plenty of softcovers on my shelf that have withstood the test of time, but when I compare the Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG behemoth of a rulebook versus any large hardcover, I know the hardcover will last longer, and when the cover finally fails, there's a good chance the whole binding fails, still leaving a bound, intact book that simply needs a new cover. 

I have been purchasing more pdfs over the last two years, but I've needed to printed out too much information for the table to make them as convenient as some claim.

No comments:

Post a Comment